Custom Search

Psalms 143

1

A Psalm. Of David.
Let my prayer come to you, O Lord; give ear to my requests for your grace; keep faith with me, and give me an answer in your righteousness;

2

Let not your servant come before you to be judged; for no man living is upright in your eyes.

3

The evil man has gone after my soul; my life is crushed down to the earth: he has put me in the dark, like those who have long been dead.

4

Because of this my spirit is overcome; and my heart is full of fear.

5

I keep in mind the early days of the past, giving thought to all your acts, even to the work of your hands.

6

My hands are stretched out to you: my soul is turned to you, like a land in need of water. (Selah.)

7

Be quick in answering me, O Lord, for the strength of my spirit is gone: let me see your face, so that I may not be like those who go down into the underworld.

8

Let the story of your mercy come to me in the morning, for my hope is in you: give me knowledge of the way in which I am to go; for my soul is lifted up to you.

9

O Lord, take me out of the hands of my haters; my soul is waiting for you.

10

Give me teaching so that I may do your pleasure; for you are my God: let your good Spirit be my guide into the land of righteousness.

11

Give me life, O Lord, because of your name; in your righteousness take my soul out of trouble.

12

And in your mercy put an end to my haters, and send destruction on all those who are against my soul; for I am your servant.

Books Of The Old Testament

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth 1st and 2nd Samuel 1st and 2nd Kings 1st and 2nd Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song Of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zechariah Melachi

Books Of The New Testament

Matthew Mark Luke John Acts Romans 1st Corinthians 2nd Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Phillippians Colossians 1st Thessalonians 2nd Thessalonians 1st Timothy 2nd Timothy Titus Philemon Hebrews James 1st Peter 2nd Peter 1st John 2nd John 3rd John Jude Revelation

Followers